Saturday, August 12, 2023

Sad News

In my book, The Slickrock Desert: Journeys of Discovery in an Endangered American Wilderness, I share stories of several adventures I was joined on by my wife, Nicki. Although camping was never at the top of her list of things to do, she was always a sport in coming along with me.  I'm sorry to say that Nicki passed away in June after an extended bout with cancer.  She spent the last couple of months in home hospice, with a hospital bed in our family room.  My daughter, Juliana, and I were with her when she passed.  Fortunately she was never in any pain, she just kept getting more tired until she finally passed.  It's taken awhile for me to get used to my new life, but I'm back to keeping busy now.  Although Nicki is now gone, she will never be forgotten.



No comments:

Post a Comment